Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waldschattenspiel



Ok, I have to admit it, I'm a bit of a geek, I love board games. I love them even more when the game itself is a nice object. I recently found out about Waldschattenspiel, it seems definitely like a well designed game, with an original idea.

Germans have made themselves a speciality in non-violent boardgames (since World War II of course). They have developed an expertise making cooperative games where players work together with a common objective. Waldschattenspiel is a simple game (5 years and up), to play in the dark, using a candlelight.

The dwarves hide in the shadows of the trees from the wandering light. The burning tea-light (adult player) moves through the dark forest and tries to find the small dwarves in their hiding places. If a dwarf is touched by the light, it is frozen and not allowed to move anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment